Friday, November 16, 2012

37 weeks 4 days update: Freakout

Big changes and No changes.  Here's the quick and dirty, starting with the least interesting.

1.  I still haven't heard a peep from my HR dept about whether or not I'm getting any pay during my leave.  I've left messages, sent emails, had multiple conversations.  I'm trying not to freak out.  

2.  B went to her 37 week 3 day appt with the delivering OB yesterday.  He's a different OB than her local one in MS.  (B/c of legalities, we are trying to deliver in AR.)  He's 2 hours from her house.  This craptastic doctor didn't check her to see how much she was dilated or give her an ultrasound.  (Note, I wish she'd simply ASKED him to check her since she felt like she should be checked.  But I'm trying not to focus any frustration onto her at this moment.)  I'm trying not to freak out.

3.  She went into her local MS doctor today for him to check her and give her an ultrasound.  On the bright side, we got 100% proof today that the Fiona is a girl.  I'll spare my child the mortification of showing photos her underside splashed onto the internet.  It was very exciting though b/c all our other ultrasound techs told us, "I'm 99% sure it's a girl."  But this was the extra 100%.  I'm trying not to freak out (in a good way).  

4.  At the local MS doctor today, he checked B to see how far dilated she is....and she's 3 cm dilated and 80% "thinned out."  (I have no idea what that means other than that we now need to change our flights and get down there much sooner than anticipated.)  Note, she's not having contractions yet.  I'm trying not to freak out.

5.  She's going back to the AR doctor on Monday so he can "check her out to see if she's 3cm dilated according to what he's seeing."  If so, then he's going to induce on Tuesday....assuming she hasn't gone into labor beforehand.  Are you still following all this mess?!  I'm trying not to freak out.  

6.  We changed our flights and are flying down Sunday.  Trying not to freak out.  Holding it together. 

7.  I'm about to be a Mom!!!!  Still trying not to freak out!!!!!!!!  :-)  

What I learned today is that things never go according to plan when you're dealing with a baby...especially when it's in someone else's belly.  More to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm so excited for you!! Can't believe she's almost here! Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of Fiona! <3
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete